top of page

Get your 200 Ton Masters License

With your oupv and this 16 hr class you can get a 200 ton mates endorsement. You will need the required sea service on a vessel 67 tons or greater. This opens opportunities to work on larger vessel and make better wages.

So where does the 200 ton Master comes in?

The National Maritime Center Exam Deck Guide states: Raise of Grade: IAW 46 CFR 11.903(c)(3), Applicants Raising Grade from Mate Less than 200 GRT to Master Less than 200 GRT on the same route may do so without further examination.

In other words once you have the sea service time, you request the upgrade to the 200 ton master. To go from Mate to Masters you will need to have operated under your OUPV for one year.


If you take the course and have the sea service for the tonnage and operated under your existing license for one year, you simply request it when submitting your application the NMC.


Course cost includes one sitting of the exam.


Call us for more information 920-733-5500

2 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Boat insurance is not what you think it is

During one of our captain’s classes, we talked about insurance issues related to guiding and commercial operations. One of our students was an insurance agent. He provided the following comments.  It

What Captains License Do I Need?

While we call it a captain’s license, it is really a Merchant Mariner Credential, with an Officer’s Endorsement. When do I need this? If you are working on federal waters, and are being paid for that

Uses for Your Captains License - Why get one

People ask me “Why bother to get a captains license? I do not want to be a fishing guide.” Well there are many other reasons to take the time and cost to get a license, be it for business or recreatio


bottom of page