Fri, Feb 23|
Sturgeon Bay, WI Master Upgrade 25/50/100 Ton and/or Aux Tow 2/23/2024 - DEPOSIT ONLY
This is a deposit only to hold a seat in the class. Remainder is due 1 week prior to the start of class. If selecting Assistance Tow only, there is no deposit. Full tow course fee will be charged.
Time & Location
Feb 23, 2024, 8:00 AM CST – Feb 25, 2024, 5:30 PM CST
Sturgeon Bay, Third Avenue Historic District, 421 Michigan St, Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235, USA
About the event
- FridayAssistance Tow begins at 0800hrs. Friday Master upgrade begins at noon, Sat and Sun start time is 8:00am. See schedule below
- At a minimum you will receive a 25 ton endorsement with successful completion of the exam.
- 50 ton requires 90 days (25%) of service of vessels of 26 GRT or above, OR 180 days (50%) of service on vessels 17 GRT or above.
- For a 100 ton master Inland or Great Lakes, you need 180 days on a vessel over 34 gross tons or 90 days on a vessel over 51 gross tons.
Course details: ● Classroom Friday, Saturday, Sunday ● Fee: Master$360, Assistance Tow $125. includes course materials, instruction, one sitting of the one final proctored exam and Certificate of Completion. If a re-take is required, a proctor fee of $40 is assessed.
Assistance Tow Schedule
Friday 1300 to 1730 hrs.
Saturday 0800 to 1730 hrs
Sunday 0800 to 1730 hrs
Topics: Increase your OUPV to Master.
- Block, Tackle, and Wire Rope
- Stability, Load Lines
- Safety drill
- Ships construction
- Fire fighting Equipment and Regulations
- Life Saving Appliances, Receiving Survivors
- T Boat Regulations
Exam: Master-One 50-questions Deck General Exams 70% correct to pass
Tow-One 20 question Exam.
Friday Assistance Tow
4 hours 30 minutes
Master Upgrade from OUPV/Tow
Master Upgrade and/or Assistance TowFrom $100.00 to $110.00